Eggplant Functional 19 Release Notes
The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Eggplant Functional. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version.
Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
Mac: macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12. OS X 10.11
Windows: 64-bit distributions only. Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008
Linux: 64-bit distributions only. Debian and Red Hat based on glib 2.11 and later.
Note: Eggplant Functional will no longer support Ubuntu 12 or Ubuntu 14 from the release of Eggplant Functional 19.1.
Note: Eggplant Functional will no longer support CentOS 6 beginning in 2020.
Release 19.0.1 (4 April 2019)
- Fixes an issue where the connection would close prematurely in some cases when using API tests on Windows.
Fixes an issue on macOS Mojave where dragging assets to the script editor didn't create the reference as expected.
- Fixes an issue where the Usability Mode JSON file wasn’t created when setting the global property in a script, in cases where no issues were found.
- Fixes the path to the ODBC bundle on Mac.
- Fixes a crash in the compare screen feature when the baseline image is vastly different from the current SUT screen.
- Fixes an issue where the image moved while cropping.
- Fixes a memory leak with the CompareScreen command and the ColorAtLocation function.
Release 19.0 (20 February 2019)
- Screen Compare: Adds ability to compare the current system under test (SUT) screen against a captured baseline image for UI testing.
- See complete information about this feature: Using Compare Screen in Eggplant Functional for UI Testing.
- Adds CompareScreen, a SenseTalk command and function, that captures a baseline image and compares subsequent calls with that baseline image to detect differences.
- Comparisons detect new, missing, moved, and changed images and text.
- Adds Compare Screen panel that lets you mask out areas on the baseline image to ignore during comparison and mark other areas as dynamic content during comparison.
- Lets you use the Compare Screen panel during a script run or afterward from the Results pane.
- Adds the CompareScreenAction global property so that you can determine whether to open the Compare Screen panel dynamically during a script run.
- Fixes an issue where set did not always behave the same as put, when it always should.
- Fixes an issue where home directory (~) paths were not recognized everywhere.
- Fixes some issues with buttons and breakpoints not drawing correctly on macOS Mojave.
- Fixes an issue where logging output became slower over time.