Using Eggplant Automation Cloud on Eggbox
Eggbox provides a Mac version of Eggplant Automation Cloud that is pre-configured and easy to use. The Eggbox is set up as a router, eliminating the need to configure an external router for your private Eggplant Automation Cloud network.
Since Eggbox is pre-configured as the router for Eggplant Automation Cloud, when it is first turned on, a network called "eggCloud" will become available over the local Wi-Fi. The password for the "eggCloud" network is "TestPlant". You can connect your devices to this network in order to use them with Eggplant Automation Cloud.
Since the Eggbox is acting both as the Eggplant Automation Cloud server and as the router for the private Eggplant Automation Cloud network, there is little configuration needed regarding the Eggplant Automation Cloud ports.
Connect your Eggbox to your local network with a wired connection. (See the Intra/Internet connection in the diagram below.)
Then, open and license Eggplant Automation Cloud following these step-by-step licensing instructions.
Standard Eggplant Automation Cloud Network Configuration with Eggbox
- Launch Eggplant Automation Cloud from the Eggbox Control Center by clicking on the logo or on the "Click to Open" text below the logo.
Eggplant Automation Cloud will open in your default browser.
- Enter these generic login details in the Eggplant Automation Cloud login screen:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: admin
- Once logged in, click the "Settings" tab at the top of the page.
- A page will display with License and Archive information. In the License section, there will be three fields:
- License Hash: This field is for the Eggplant Automation Cloud license key.
- Number of Concurrent Reservations: The number of connections that can be made through Eggplant Automation Cloud at a time with the license entered.
- License Valid Until: The expiration date for the Eggplant Automation Cloud license entered.
Enter your license key in the "License Hash" field. The "Number of Concurrent Reservations" and "License Valid Until" fields will auto-populate when the license key is accepted.
- When your key has been accepted, you will see a number of other tabs appear at the top of the page. These tabs give you the ability to create users, add devices, create metatags, and generate reports. For information on how to use these features of Eggplant Automation Cloud and begin using the product, see Eggplant Automation Cloud Administration.